Version number: 1.0
Effective date: 12th November 2021
1. Who are we?
For privacy queries, you can contact Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What’s the point of this policy?
It tells you what to expect when we collect your personal information.
3. Might the policy change?
Yes. Please keep an eye on it!
4. What do we collect?
Information you give us such as your email address for “Poems Direct”.
Automated information about your use of our service such as: the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, information about your device including device-type and device identifier, operating system and platform, mobile network data, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, the site from which you arrived at our service, details of your activity with date / time stamps including pages you visited and your searches / transactions.
5. What’s our reason / legal basis for collecting the information?
Because it’s in our “legitimate interests” or you’ve specifically agreed on our website.
6. How long do we keep personal information?
Until you ask us to delete it.
We will generally keep automated browsing information for up to 26 months.
7. To whom do we send or make available your personal information?
To other people who supply us with services, e.g., website hosting and management, email distribution, analytics and social media.
8. Do we send your information outside the UK?
Your personal information which we collect is stored within the UK and is not transferred to any other countries except as follows.
Your personal information (e.g., name, contact details, IP address, browsing information) may be transferred outside the UK (generally to the US) by companies that provide us with the above services. If so, we will ensure that there is a legal basis to do so.
9. What rights do you have?
If the legal requirements are met: To ask us for access to your personal information, to rectify it if there are mistakes, to delete it or restrict its use in certain circumstances or to “data portability” or to withdraw any consent you’ve given (e.g. marketing).
You may also have the right to object to use of your personal information in certain circumstances.
If you have a complaint about how we are dealing with your personal information, please contact us via the email address above. If you are not happy with our response or think we are not handling your personal information in accordance with the law, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
For more information about your rights, visit the ICO’s website: www.ico.org.uk.
10. What about cookies?
We ourselves may place the following types of cookies:
|Types of cookies||Purpose|
|Authentication||Identify and authenticate you to help you move easily through the site|
|Cookie notice||Store your response to our cookie notice|
Companies which provide us with a service also place cookies. Some of these cookies (e.g., from Google) may involve certain information, such as your name and contact details and/or the IP and web address of the page you’re visiting, being sent to the company concerned. Below is a summary of the kinds of cookies used together with details about who places them and where you can go to get more information and to opt out (where possible):
- Analytics cookies: These kinds of cookies recognise and count the number of website visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration, route through the website and where the visitor came from. This information helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. These cookies are provided by:
- Social media cookies: These kinds of cookies are placed by social media companies when you use their features on another site, e.g., if you play embedded audio or video, click a Facebook “like” or send a tweet. These features may involve the relevant company using cookies to collect information relating to your visit to our website or your interaction with its services or otherwise. Here is some further information including how you can opt out where this is possible: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube